Trends come and go, but when you’re ready to build or remodel, take a good look at natural stone countertops. You want to invest wisely, and natural stone countertops will be the solid investment that will blend with the trends — no matter how many times you change your curtains.
Why choose natural stone? Granite, marble, quartz, onyx, and other natural materials will continue to portray your style and personality trend to trend. And if you think about it, natural stone has been the natural material of choice for millennia!
For a good introductory article, on granite in particular, read “Kitchen Counters: Granite for Incredible Longevity,” from Houzz. You’ll discover just how long your countertops will last – a lifetime. And that’s a solid investment.
- Due to its crystal formation, marble has an elegant, smooth look that cannot be duplicated by any natural stone or manmade product.
- Marble is durable & heat resistant that will last for decades to come.
- Marble is the best countertop surface for making dough.
- Easy to maintain and with our 15 year warranty sealant, marble countertops are almost 100% stain proof.
- Some marble colors are expensive.
- Due to its formation, marble may etch faster than granite. Therefore, a honed surface is recommended for countertops. Thus, etches can be very easy removed with a buffer of just a fine sandpaper.